Summer Financial Aid 2017
A SUMMER APPLICATION FOR FINANCIAL AID IS NOT REQUIRED!
To save YOU time and effort, your eligibility for summer financial aid will automatically be reviewed if you meet the criteria listed below under “Eligible for Summer Aid Review.” You will receive an email to your MIX account once your review is complete.
ELIGIBLE FOR SUMMER AID REVIEW
- You are REGISTERED at least half-time.
- You have a valid 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) submitted to WVU. Note: A 2017-2018 FAFSA does not apply for the summer term. It must be for the 2016-2017 year.
- You do not have any unsatisfied requirements on your STAR account preventing a financial aid review.
- You are meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards for financial aid eligibility.
- If you are seeking a degree from WVU but taking summer courses at another institution, complete the transient financial aid application process.
- If you are participating in a study abroad or exchange program for summer, see
Study Abroad page for more information.
NOT ELIGIBLE FOR SUMMER AID REVIEW
- No valid FAFSA on file for 2016-2017.
- Enrolled less than half-time.
- You are a visiting or transient student from another institution (contact your home school regarding summer financial aid).
- You are working on a certificate.
- You are a non-degree student. Note: If the classes are required for acceptance into a degree-seeking program, you may be eligible. See our Non-Degree Student page for more information.
Estimate Your Summer Cost of Attendance
These Excel spreadsheets can help you
estimate your cost of attendance for summer. Please note books, room
and board (if living off-campus), transportation, and personal expenses are estimated
indirect costs you may accrue during your summer enrollment. Only tuition and
fees (and room/board if living on-campus) will show as charges to your student
account for summer.
- Morgantown Campus
Keyser Campus (Potomac State College of WVU)
- Beckley or Montgomery Campuses (WVU Institute of Technology)
Summer Aid Options
- Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans: Summer eligibility depends on the federal annual limits and the amount already borrowed during Fall 2016 and/or Spring 2017. See below for the maximum annual limits.
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan
Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
- Private Loans
Other Resources to Finance Summer
- TuitionPay monthly payment plan: For more information or to sign up, visit studentaccounts.wvu.edu.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Contact your vocational rehabilitation counselor.
- PA State Grant: Information can be found at pheaa.org
- Promise Scholarship: Complete application at cfwv.com between March 15 – April 30. See our Summer PROMISE page for more information.
- External or departmental scholarships: Students should always continue seeking additional scholarship assistance.
- Student employment: Students can seek on- or off-campus employment to help with indirect costs - such as supplies, personal, and transportation costs.
Understanding Your Summer Financial Aid Offer
If you have received a summer financial aid email notification and would like more
information about responding to the offer, please review our
All About Your Aid Offer page.