Grants are a type of gift aid which means they usually do not have to be paid back (unlike loans which do need repaid). They are awarded based on financial need and/or academic merit.
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Federal Teacher Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant (TEACH)
- Federal Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant (IASG)
- Mountaineer Connection Grant
- State Grants and Scholarships
Students visiting from other institutions must contact their "home" institution regarding financial aid eligibility and processes. The home institution is the school where the student is admitted and pursuing their degree.
Not Eligible for Grant Consideration
Not all students are eligible for grant consideration based on factors such as not being eligible for federal or state funding or at a level that is not eligible for grants.
- International students
- Non-degree students
- Professional students: Please note that Pharmacy students with no prior degree are considered professional undergraduates for the first and second years of the program. See the list of Undergraduate Level grant options above.