- Financial Planning - An important part of the college experience is learning to manage personal finance. Paying for college isn't a small task, and it takes an understanding of your finances - what you should and should not spend you money on in order to graduate with the least amount of debt.
- Exit Counseling - Exit counseling is required for Federal loan borrowers who graduate, transfer, leave school, or drop below half-time enrollment. WVU has partnered with Inceptia to offer students assistance during their grace period.
- Tuition Payment Plans - Student Accounts offers monthly payment plans for University costs that allow families to pay in varying installments.
- WVU Bookstore online - Reserve your books online!
Promise Scholarship for qualifying West Virginia High School Graduates - A merit based financial aid program for West Virginia residents.
Federal & State Links
FAFSA on the Web - Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid through the Internet.
NSLDS—National Student Loan Data System - Obtain information on your federal student loans and other federal financial aid history. The site provides your loan balances, servicer(s), and loan statuses (repayment, deferment, forbearance, or default). You access this information with your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID).
U.S. Office of Post Secondary Education - The Department of Education is the federal agency that regulates financial aid. Their home page has a variety of information.
Selective Service - If you are a male between the ages of 18 and 25 and have not registered with Selective Service you can do so at the Selective Service site. If you have registered but lost your proof of registration, you can obtain your Selective Service registration number here.
West Virginia Prepaid Tuition Plan – Smart529 - Begin planning early by prepaying the cost of your young child’s college tuition.
Student Information at Ed.gov - A one-stop shop giving students access to information about financial aid, career development, education planning, consumer protection, and a variety of other topics.
Below is an exclusive discount and special offer from a local banking company. WVU does not endorse or guarantee the quality of goods or services provided by participating vendors.
PNC's WVU student options can be found at pnc.com/en/personal-banking/banking/student-banking/west-virginia-university.html.
The basic terms and conditions of PNC student accounts can be found at pnc.com/vwstudentsummary.
In depth information on PNC accounts can be found at pnc.com/virtualwalletfineprint.
PNC Virtual Wallet features and fees can be found at pnc.com/content/dam/pnc-com/pdf/personal/Checking/fees-vw-A.pdf.
Per Department of Education Regulation for Cash Management (34 CFR 668), below is West Virginia University’s contract with PNC Bank.
- West Virginia University Contract with PNC Bank
- Total consideration: $313,317.42; and branch rent: $100,000.00. Total: $413,317.42
- Total number of customers holding student financial accounts which originated under the contract from July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2017: 6,164
- Mean student costs: $26.50 in the year ended June 30, 2017
- Median student costs: $0.00 in the year ended June 30, 2017
Financial Avenue - A personal finance education course meant to educate
and empower students to make well-informed financial decisions and prevent
financial behaviors that could negatively impact their futures.
FinAid: The Financial Aid Information Page - FinAid contains information about scholarship scams and frauds under investigation by the Federal Trade Commission, calculators for everything from determining your monthly loan repayment to estimating your Expected Family Contribution, and links to preferred lenders and scholarship searches.
Financial Aid EasyPlanner - Forecast Costs, Plan Your Aid, and Compare Your Awards! This website from College Board helps you understand, compare, and evaluate aid offers from institutions to which you have been admitted. You can calculate how much you will be expected to pay at each college, get advice about college costs, education loans, and college work-study offers, learn helpful strategies for evaluating and comparing aid offers, and get practical tips and information for paying your college bill.
FastWeb.com - This is a scholarship search engine that provides access to more than 275,000 private scholarships, fellowships, grants, and student loans. Used by colleges across the United States, FastWEB is now available to you FREE! To use FastWEB, a student fills out a detailed profile. After the forms are complete, FastWEB responds within a few minutes with a list of matching awards. Each entry in this list includes information about deadlines, eligibility requirements, award amounts, and contact information for the award provider.
Cash Course- An online personal finance tool that helps build real-life financial skills.
West Virginia University has partnered with Tuition Management Systems, LLC to provide refund services to WVU students when a balance is owed to the student due to an overpayment on their account.
Per Department of Education Regulations for Cash Management (34 CFR 668), you can download West Virginia University’s contract with Tuition Management Systems .