Skip to main content

Medal of Honor and Purple Heart Waivers

These waivers may be offered to West Virginia residents who were honorably discharged from military service and who received the Medal of Honor or Purple Heart.

Eligible Students

Degree-seeking, undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelors, graduate, or professional degree.

Return to Top of Page


For consideration, documentation of the honorable discharge and medal received must be provided to the WVU Hub or by contacting the WVU Center for Veteran, Military and Family Programs.

Return to Top of Page

Enrollment Requirements

Students must be enrolled full-time.

Return to Top of Page


Students cannot receive waivers for more than eight undergraduate semesters or completion of a bachelors degree, whichever comes first.

Return to Top of Page

Additional Requirements

Return to Top of Page