Students applying for any educational loan other than the Federal Direct Subsidized
or Unsubsidized Loan, Perkins, Parent PLUS, or Graduate PLUS must submit a "Self-Certification"
The Self-Certification form may be provided to you by your lender (the best option
for you to use), or you may print a
Self-Certification form provided by the U.S. Department of Education.
Cost of Attendance and Estimated Financial Assistance
The Self-Certification form requires your “Cost of Attendance” and “Estimated Financial Assistance” for the academic year for which you are applying for a non-federal student loan.
You can find these amounts on your STAR account by following these steps:
- Go to star.wvu.edu
- Click on "STAR Information System Login"
- Enter your login credentials (WVU username and password)
- Click on "Financial Aid"
- Click on "View Cost of Attendance"
- Click on the "Submit" button
- Make note of your Cost of Attendance amount following the statement displayed on
'Your estimated Cost of Attendance is $_______'
- Make note of your Estimated Financial Assistance following the statement displayed on your screen: 'You have been awarded financial aid which totals $_______'