Private Loan Self-Certification
Students applying for educational loans from private lenders must submit a self-certification form.
The self-certification form may be provided to you by your lender (the best option for you to use), or you may print a U.S. Department of Education Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification form.
Cost of Attendance and Estimated Financial Assistance
The self-certification requires your “Cost of Attendance” and “Estimated Financial Assistance” for the academic year for which you are applying for the loan.
You can find these amounts through portal.wvu.edu.
- Log into portal.wvu.edu with your WVU login
- Click on "Financial Aid Information"
- Click on "Financial Aid Status"
- Select the appropriate aid year
- Make note of your Estimated Cost of Attendance where it says 'Your estimated cost of attendance'
- Make note of your Estimated Financial Assistance where it says "You have been awarded financial aid which totals'