Small, low-interest, subsidized institutional loans may be available to students through the Institutional Loan Program.
Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Loan Program
- This includes the Health Professions Loan, Loans for Disadvantaged Students, and Nursing Student Loans.
- These loans are only available for certain Health Sciences Center majors: MD, DDS, PHARMD, and Nursing.
- See our DHHS Loans page for information on how to apply and additional requirements.
- Schoenbaum Scholarship/Loan
- The Alex & Betty Schoenbaum Teacher Preparation Scholarship/Loan is available through the College of Education and Human Services (CEHS) to students in certain CEHS programs. Visit the CEHS website to determine which programs are eligible.
- This is a loan that is forgiven as long as the student completes the degree (in education) for which they receive the loan.
- See our Schoenbaum Loan page for information on how to apply and additional requirements.
- WV Medical Student Loan
- This loan is only available to medical students in the Health Sciences Center.
- See our WV Medical Student Loan page for information on how to apply and additional requirements.