Academic Success Plan
Academic Success Plan Topics
- What is an Academic Success Plan?
- How Do I Save My Academic Success Plan from DegreeWorks as a PDF?
- How Do I Submit My Academic Success Plan PDF?
- Following the Terms of the Academic Success Plan and Updates
What is an Academic Success Plan?
An Academic Success Plan is developed with an academic advisor in DegreeWorks (or Academic Affairs representative for students on the Keyser campus). You must submit an Academic Success Plan if you are submitting a satisfactory academic progress appeal (due to not maintaining satisfactory academic progress (SAP) standards for financial aid eligibility). This is a roadmap to help you come back into compliance with SAP standards.
The Plan outlines the courses and grade point average (GPA) needed each semester for you to comply with Satisfactory Academic Progress standards. The courses listed on the Academic Success Plan must be courses you need to complete your degree, and the Plan cannot be for more than three semesters.
If your appeal is approved, you must follow the terms of your Academic Success Plan to remain eligible for financial aid.
How Do I Save My Academic Success Plan from DegreeWorks as a PDF?
How Do I Submit My Academic Success Plan PDF?
Once you have your Academic Success Plan from DegreeWorks saved as a PDF, it must be submitted.
- Go to wvu.verifymyfafsa.com and log in with your WVU login information. If this is your first time logging in, you will need to confirm some information from your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to link your account. See the Create Verify My FAFSA Account page for instructions.
- Once logged in, you should see a task for "Additional Info: Updated Academic Success Plan - WVU." If you do not see this, contact us via mountaineerhub.wvu.edu/contact so we can add it to your account.
- Click Upload to upload the PDF of your Academic Success Plan
- Click Submit
- Click Finish
Following the Terms of the Academic Success Plan and Updates
If your satisfactory academic progress appeal is approved, you must adhere to the courses listed on your Academic Success Plan for the specific semesters they are listed under. You will be reviewed at the end of each semester to ensure you're meeting the terms of your Plan (or to see if you have come in compliance or graduated).
- You must take the courses listed on your Plan for the semesters in which they are listed.
- You must meet the minimum GPA requirements listed on your Plan.
- Adding courses not listed on the Plan (unless a new Plan is submitted within the allowed time frame below) or dropping/withdrawing from courses means you are not meeting the terms of your Academic Success Plan.
- If you take courses for a semester not listed on your Plan, you are not following the terms of your Plan. Every semester you take courses must be addressed on the Plan.
- Updating Your Plan: If you are not able to take the courses during the listed semesters, you must develop a new Academic Success Plan with your academic advisor in DegreeWorks (or Academic Affairs for students on the Keyser campus) AND submit a PDF of the new Academic Success Plan to the Mountaineer Hub no later than 5 business days after the last day to add/drop a course from the start of the semester. Special consideration may be given in situations where the course being added/removed from the Plan for the semester has not started, and you have not received a 'W' for any course in the semester. Once a 'W' is recorded, a new Academic Success Plan for the semester cannot be submitted.
- See the How Do I Submit My Academic Success Plan PDF section above for information on how to submit an updated Academic Success Plan.
If not meeting the terms of the Academic Success Plan (and if the you have not come into compliance), further aid eligibility is removed immediately for future semesters.