Osher Reentry Scholarship Program
The purpose of the Osher Reentry Scholarship Program is to provide scholarships to assist non-traditional students who are re-entering college with tuition and fee expenses.
The current application is now closed. The priority deadline for the 2018-2019 academic year was July 30, 2018.
ABOUT THE BERNARD OSHER LEGACY
PURPOSE OF THE AWARD
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP?
- Be between 25 and 50 years of age;
- Have experienced a cumulative gap in their education of five or more years;
- Be newly matriculating as a freshman, returning to, or transferring to West Virginia University at an undergraduate level and pursuing a first baccalaureate degree;
- Be admitted to WVU at the time of scholarship selection;
- Be enrolled full-time (twelve hours or more) or part-time (at least six hours);
- Anticipate participation in the workforce after graduation;
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Show academic promise and commitment to obtaining a degree.
- Graduate students or students seeking an additional degree after achieving a baccalaureate degree
- Students whose full tuition and fees are already covered by financial aid
- Students who are taking over half of their registered credit hours for the semester in online courses
- International students who are visiting the United States with the intention of returning to their countries of origin after graduation
HOW TO APPLY