Osher Reentry Scholarship Program
The purpose of the Osher Reentry Scholarship Program is to provide scholarships to assist non-traditional students who are re-entering college with tuition and fee expenses.
The current application is open. The priority deadline for the 2018-2019 academic year is July 30, 2018. To apply, please submit the online application and required documents.
ABOUT THE BERNARD OSHER LEGACY
PURPOSE OF THE AWARD
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP?
- Be between 25 and 50 years of age;
- Have experienced a cumulative gap in their education of five or more years;
- Be newly matriculating as a freshman, returning to, or transferring to West Virginia University at an undergraduate level and pursuing a first baccalaureate degree;
- Be admitted to WVU at the time of scholarship selection;
- Be enrolled full-time (twelve hours or more) or part-time (at least six hours);
- Anticipate participation in the workforce after graduation;
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Show academic promise and commitment to obtaining a degree.
- Graduate students or students seeking an additional degree after achieving a baccalaureate degree
- Students whose full tuition and fees are already covered by financial aid
- Students who are taking over half of their registered credit hours for the semester in online courses
- International students who are visiting the United States with the intention of returning to their countries of origin after graduation
HOW TO APPLY