Summer Financial Aid 2015
A summer application for financial aid is not required for West Virginia University or any of its branch campuses.
PLEASE NOTE: Students taking classes starting May 18th who registered for those classes after May 4th: Financial aid cannot be processed in time to meet your payment deadline. A TuitionPay Payment Plan can be arranged through the Office of Student Accounts at http://studentaccounts.wvu.edu/payments/tuitionpay_plan.
You will automatically be considered if you meet the following requirements for “Eligible for Consideration”.
|ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION||INELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION|
|1. You are REGISTERED at least half-time: Six (6) credit hours for undergraduates or three (3) credit hours for graduates.
2. You have a valid 2014-15 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with WVU at the time you register. If you file the FAFSA after you register, you must contact the Financial Aid Office (FAO) on your campus to be considered for aid.
WVU transient students (those seeking a degree from WVU but taking classes at another institution or Studying Abroad through another institution), will need to complete a WVU Transient Student Financial Aid Request .
|1. No valid FAFSA on file at the time of registration
2. Enrolled less than half-time
3. You are a visiting or transient student from another institution (contact your home school regarding summer aid)
4. You are working on a certificate
5. *You are a non-degree student
6. You are not making SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS
*If the classes are required for acceptance into a degree seeking program you may be eligible. Complete the SUMMER 2015 APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL AID FOR NON-DEGREE STUDENTS
AID TYPICALLY AVAILABLE
- Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans. Check annual eligibility maximum below.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans
- Private Loans
|ANNUAL FEDERAL DIRECT SUBSIDIZED/UNSUBSIDIZED ELIGIBILITY (Fall 2014 through Summer 2015)|
|Check Your STAR Account at star.wvu.edu to see if you have already borrowed the annual limit for federal student loans|
|Freshman 0-28 hrs||$5,500||$9,500|
|Sophomore 29-58 hrs||$6,500||$10,500|
|Junior/Senior 59+ hrs||$7,500||$12,500|
|**Your FAFSA determines your status as Dependent or Independent.|
POSSIBLE SOURCES OF SUMMER AID
Vocational Rehabilitation – Contact your vocational rehabilitation counselor. PA State Grant – Information can be found at pheaa.org Promise Scholarship – Complete application at cfwv.com between March 15 – April 30.