Summer Financial Aid 2016
To save YOU time and effort, your eligibility for summer financial aid will be reviewed if you meet the criteria listed below under “Eligible for Summer Aid Review.”
You will receive an email to your MIX account once your review is complete.
|ELIGIBLE FOR SUMMER AID REVIEW||INELIGIBLE FOR SUMMER AID REVIEW|
|1. You are REGISTERED at least half-time: Six (6) credit hours for undergraduates or three (3) credit hours for graduates.
2. You have a valid 2015-16 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with WVU.
3. You are meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards for financial aid eligibility.
4. If you are seeking a degree from WVU but taking summer courses at another institution (including studying abroad), complete a WVU Transient Student Financial Aid Request .
|1. No valid FAFSA on file
2. Enrolled less than half-time
3. You are a visiting or transient student from another institution (contact your home school regarding summer)
4. You are working on a certificate
5. *You are a non-degree student
6. You are not making SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS
*If the classes are required for acceptance into a degree seeking program you may be eligible. Complete the SUMMER 2016 APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL AID FOR NON-DEGREE STUDENTS
SUMMER AID OPTIONS
- Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans (Summer eligibility depends on the annual limits below and the amount already borrowed during Fall 2015 and/or Spring 2016.)
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans
- Private Loans
OTHER RESOURCES TO FINANCE SUMMER
- TuitionPay – the monthly payment plan available through the Office of Student Accounts.
- Vocational Rehabilitation – Contact your vocational rehabilitation counselor.
- PA State Grant – Information can be found at pheaa.org
- Promise Scholarship – Complete application at cfwv.com between March 15 – April 30.