Health Sciences Cost of Attendance
The Health Sciences Center Financial Aid Office, with the help of your respective department, determines what it will cost, on average, for you to attend West Virginia University. The budget includes an allowance for tuition & fees, room & board, books, transportation and miscellaneous educational expenses. Each year the WVU Health Sciences Center Financial Aid Office updates each component to reflect changes in the Consumer Price Index of the US Department of Labor and the local “marketplace”.
To view the 2015-2016 estimated budgets for a full time student living off campus, please choose the appropriate discipline below:
- Dental Hygiene - Undergraduate & Graduate
- Dentistry - DDS
- Endodontics - Graduate
- Exercise Physiology and Immunology & Medical Microbiology- Undergraduate & Graduate
- Medical Laboratory Science - Undergraduate & Graduate
- Medicine - Graduate/Professional
- Nursing - Undergraduate & Graduate
- Occupational Therapy - Undergraduate & Graduate
- Orthodontics - Graduate
- Other Graduate Programs - Medicine
- Other Graduate Programs - Pharmacy
- Pathologists' Assistant
- PharmD - Undergraduate & Graduate
- Physical Therapy - Graduate
- Prosthodontics - Graduate
- Public Health - Graduate
In some cases, we can build an individualized budget for a student or add additional educational expenses with supporting documentation. However, budgets are not adjusted for individual lifestyle choices. The following categories of expenses represent allowable adjustments that may be considered:
- Computer purchase – limited to a one-time computer purchase up to $1,500, unless your academic department requires all students to have additional hardware/software requirements for the major.
- Costs associated with a study abroad or cooperative education program.
- Expenses related to a disability which are not covered through other agencies
- Childcare expenses
- Independent student who have dependent(s) other than a spouse.
- Required living expenses in excess of allowance allowed.
- Other documented education – related expenses
If you have expenses you feel are covered in one of these categories, please contact the Financial Aid Office and request a “Student Budget Review” form.